Sunday, September 5, 2010

What im thinking of writing.

I am going to write about when i moved to Smithville in the 6th grade. I am choosing this to write about because it affected my life and me personally. It made me the person i am today. I had to leave my old town in North Kansas City with all my friends that i made since i was 2 years old to move 45 minutes away to Smithville. I used to live 5 minutes away from my grandmas and i could walk to their house, now i would not hardly ever see them. Also my best friend Leah lived right down the street from me and i would go to her house everyday, now we dont hardly talk.

 I am also going to write about the house i moved into, how it is so much different than my old house. My old house was 3 times smaller and in the middle of a neighborhood. Now I live in the middle of nowhere on ten acres with a ranch style home and a huge pool in the back yard. Another thing about me moving to Smithville in 6th grade is the friends i made. When i first moved here it took me a little while to make some friends so i gained weight. Then i made some great friends who i go to the same college now. The problems I think might arise when i write this paper are, not having enough to write about and probably the grammer and spelling. I anticipate to being a better writer and having help from my peers and teacher to make me a better writer so that I can have more knowledge.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Savanna,

    I see multiple focuses here. I encourage you to focus on only one.

    1) Your move to Smithville
    2) You rarely see your grandma
    3) You rarely see your BF Leah
    4) Your home (and how it is different)
    5) The friends you have made in Smithville

    If you decide to focus on your move to Smithville, I would encourage you to support it with stories pertaining to your focus. If you decide to focus on how it has been a negative experience, than you could certainly discuss your distance from your BF Leah or your grandmother. OR if it was a positive move, you could discuss the friends you have made here.

    Ms. Chastain

    ReplyDelete