Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Question #1 "How it feels to be colored me"

 Some labels that I give myself would be girly, clean, organized, loud, and happy. These things function in my day to day life because I show all of these things in my personal traits. I make sure I am clean and smelling good like a girl when I leave to go anywhere. My car has to be vacuumed at least once a few weeks and wiped down too, also with a black ice air freshener. That smell reminds me of my car anywhere I go. In my day to day life I am usually happy all the time, unless something is really bothering me. All of my friends and co-workers could tell you I am usually in a good mood or laughing about something.

I am somewhat like Hurston because when she listens to music it brings some memories back for her from when she would dance to the music when she was younger. Even though she is sitting in a room with a white person she can still remember who she is and what she likes to do. When I listen to music it brings back memories for me also. For example every time I hear the cupid shuffle song I think of me and a big group of friends getting on this huge truck and doing the cupid shuffle, because that is a good memory I have. Also I am like her because I don't have separate feelings between white people and colored people either. I think that everyone is equal and everyone should be treated equal.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Savanna,

    I like that you have included the comparison between you and Hurston. But what is the one difference that stands out among she and you? When she opens her eyes after the music has ended, what does she recognize? What was she feeling? When she looks at the white man, how has the music affected him?

    ReplyDelete