Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Writers Response to "Becoming Educated"

I think that my early expectations for my college classes were that it wasn't going to be that hard at all. I thought I was taking easy classes this semester and I would be flying by in them. Most of my classes are really not that difficult I dont think, but they are just time consuming. I learned that my classes are getting more difficult the longer I am in them and the more things I have to learn. My math class expecially because we have to take a test every so many topics we learn and the more we learn the more we have to know. Also in math everything builds off the things you already know so you have to know the stuff you already learned to move on. My online class is very time consuming because I have to watch videos and sometimes they are longer than an hour.
I also kind of expected my teachers to be very leneant on things, which for the most part they are, but I just expected it to be more free since I am in college now. Also another thing I did not expect was all of the things that are online to be online. In all of my classes I do things online. My other three classes are actually based online. I have a computer class that takes the internet to use and nothing else. Also my math class is online and nothing else. I think that college is for the most part what I expected it to be, and I do expect it to get harder as the time goes by.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Savanna,

    I find it interesting that you thought college professors would be more lax than HS. I hope you found this to be not true. Now that you have graduated HS and made the transition to college, things become more difficult. College professors, most I assume, expect students to act as adults as most are 18 years of age. Think of it as a job. Would you get into trouble if you are consistently late or absent? What would happen if you did not do your duties (e.g. your HW)?

    Now that you are in college, the more you get through, the more time-consuming it will be. For every three credit hours you take, that should equal nine hours that you work on this subject each week -- which may seem like a lot.

    Think about what you have had to say in response to Jordan's essay. How does your experience either relate or not relate to hers?

    Ms. C

    ReplyDelete