Monday, October 18, 2010

Task 2 Self Evaluation

The thesis for my task two paper was that it is alot easier to get a good job making the money you want to earn if you go to college the tradtional way right out of high school, unlike my dad did. This paper was an interview I gave to my dad about his education growing up and how he went about his schooling. The main points I make in my paper would be; the crappy jobs my dad had to work at before he started doing his schooling, the amount of money my dad made in those jobs, the job he currently works, the schooling he is going through, him dropping out of high school, going back to school years later at 40 years old, and him fulfilling his goals. The most helpful advice I recieved from my peer evaluation was that I needed to have more details and to take out one whole paragraph that I didn't need. The most helpful information I recieved in class was when my teacher helped me make an outline and figure out where I needed to put my information and how to organize it all.
I wrote two drafts of this paper, one rough draft and one final draft. I wrote both of these on the computer in microsoft word. I also wrote an outline for this paper before I wrote my rough draft. I wrote my rough draft straight from my outline. I wrote my final draft from my rough draft. I would make this paper more effectively by sitting down after I received my rough draft and write down the changes I would make instead of just trying to change them as I go. I am most pleased with the length of my paper, I didnt expect it to end up more than two pages.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Savanna,

    I'm glad that the outline helped with this task paper. Perhaps, this is what we need to do for the next two papers. Although an outline isn't for everyone and it may not work for many, it does serve as a point to organization your draft and the structure of the paper.

    Ms. C

    ReplyDelete