Friday, October 22, 2010

Question #1 for "Where College Fails Us"

I am in my first semester of college at Missouri Western State University. I am going to college because I want to grow up and get a very good job so I can live in a nice home and have a family someday. I am going to college right out of high school because I feel that if I dont do that then I will never end up going and/or finishing it. I want to get a degree in elementry education to become a kindergarden teacher for right now. Im not sure if thats what I really want to be for sure yet, it might still change. I think there is alot of hard work put into college. At first I thought my classes weren't very hard after all, but now as the time goes by and I learn more and more things its getting harder to stay on task and to keep up with the class expectations.
Going to college is alot of money and alot of time you have to spend, either here, or at home doing homework, or either working so that you can pay for your college. I think that in the long run college will be worth all the hard work and long nights doing homework. By the time I graduate I will hopefully get the job that I went to school for and earn the money I expected. These days, the economy is so bad it is extremely difficult to get a job expecially if you dont have any kind of education. Also with a college degree you can make alot more money doing the same job as someone else who doesnt have a college degree.

No comments:

Post a Comment