Monday, November 1, 2010

Task Three Refection

I have chosen to do my task three assignment on "Let Teenagers Try Adulthood" by Leon Botstein. I think that this is in some ways a good thing but in real life in my opinion this would not be good for our society at all. In Botsteins essay I feel as if he is just trying to make kids grow up faster. He wants to have kids graduate high school at age 16, and cancel out the whole middle school process. I think that having kids in graduating at age 16 wouldn't be a good thing because there are older people at college that are more mature and came to college to get away from the high school drama. I also think that if the u.s. got rid of middle school and had kids graduating and becoming adults at age 16 there would be alot more violence and crime. At age 16, I know I was definitely not mature enough to be thrown out into the world and go to college and get a job and start providing for myself and making my own decisions. Age 18 is a good age to become an adult in my opinion. Botstein says that high school has cliques and groups of people based on what they look like or how good at sports they are, but that is everywhere you go, there will always be certain people that get along with eachother and not so well with other people. I used to be a freshman in highschool and all I wanted was to get out of there and be in the real world. As high school went on I began to have more and more fun as I got involved with things, like sports. If I would of graduated at age 16 I wouldn't of got to experiance things that high school lets you expericance, like prom and football games for example.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Savanna,

    I like the details you include here in regard to Task Three. Tell me about some of the personal experiences you intend to include for Task Three. You mention that you disagree with letting HS students graduate at 16 and then you suggest that you were in no way ready to graduate at this same age, why?

    Ms. C

    ReplyDelete