Friday, December 10, 2010

Self Evaluation Task Three

My task three paper was about how I disagreed with Leon Botstein about how he thinks kids should graduate at age 16 and I think kids should not graduate at that age. The thesis of my paper was to show why kids should not graduate at age 16, that they need those two more years to fully get everything they needed to out of their high school career and make them prepared to start life as an adult. The main points I made in my paper were, kids might be starting puberty at younger ages but that does not mean they are maturing faster mentally. Kids are not ready to graduate at age 16. They will miss out on alot of things that the last two years of high school are needed for, and some things that are just enjoyable that I think every kid should get to experiance. The most helpful advice I recieved when we did peer evaluations would be that I need to start providing more detail in my writing and make there be a picture in the person reading my writings head. I wrote two drafts of this paper. I wrote my rough draft and then my final draft. I also made an outline before i started to write my rough draft. I think making an outline for this paper really helped me with the structure of my paper. I think I would of included more details and more factual evidence if I was to re-write this paper. I am most pleased with the argument I provide for this paper, I think i had alot of good reasons why kids shouldn't graduate at age 16.

No comments:

Post a Comment